Rest, Reflect, Restore & Re-invent Your Connection at the Mother/Daughter Retreat
Thursday, May 2, thru Sunday, May 5 in Charlotte, NC
“One of the most important relationships we have is the relationship we have with our mothers.” – Iyanla Vanzant
The Luscious Mother Mother/Daughter Retreat is an offering to honor this sacred relationship that is so commonly left untended in the adult years. While the importance of this bond is never in doubt, it is a relationship very easily taken for granted. Especially when daughters become mothers themselves, and mothers become grandmothers. There are so many other hearts to tend to every minute of every day, that the central heart connection between mother and daughter can feel as fragile as an old-timey TransAtlantic phone conversation: static, misunderstandings, and disconnections abound.
Join mother/daughter coaches Sarah Olin and Sandy Cote, (otherwise known as “Luscious Mother” & “Luscious Grandmother”) for a long weekend on the shores of Lake Norman where you can unplug from the endless chatter of the Outside World and…
Re-Introduce yourselves to each other.
Take this opportunity to get connected in new ways and explore your mother/daughter dynamic in the company of conscious, inspired women who have the shared desire to return to a place of love and growth in this important relationship.
“What will it be like?” you may be wondering? It will be like attending a summer camp that was specifically designed for moms and daughters.
Just like camp: There will be waterfront activities, nature walks, arts n’ crafts, movie night, surprise field trips, and someone else will feed you!
Unlike camp: There will be zero chores, you do not have to make your bed, there’s no mandatory “lights out”, and the food will be delicious!
Oh, and there will be wine.
(So, like camp. But BETTER!)
There are so many missed opportunities to truly connect with each other. Phone calls rolled to voicemail, lunches rescheduled, exotic trips painted in our imaginations that we are unlikely to book… It’s easy to put things off for another day, it’s true. Rearranging schedules can be challenging and stressful. That’s true. Giving up a weekend with your family is a sacrifice. So true.
Also true: This is a rare opportunity. That you won’t regret. That you will remember forever.
Call your daughter.
Call your mom.
Step out of your day-to-day and experience a new way of being together. A new way to start conversations with each other and light the fire of your goals for the future.
Come with us on this luscious adventure and reconnect with your daughter, your mother, your joy, yourself.
We’ll be exploring:
- Communication and developing greater openness
- Forgiveness + Acceptance
- Releasing the past and creating an exciting future
- Being intentional
- Joy + Creativity
- Exploring goals, passions and dreams
- Tapping into and fostering creativity
Rest, Relax, Restore, Re-invent – Luscious Mother style.
In any relationship, we develop patterns over time. If we don’t consciously examine our patterns, we continue them. This weekend is an opportunity to be intentional and create what’s next in this most treasured relationship.
Here’s what you’ll get each day:
- POWERFUL CONVERSATIONS: Sarah and Sandy will lead the weekend with straight talk, humor and down-to-earth conversations that will get you thinking in new ways about your mother/daughter connection. You will be part of a safe, nurturing circle of passionate, empathetic, like-minded women having transformative, perception-shifting discussions that one generally doesn’t get to experience day-to-day. You will hear from other women who have faced similar struggles, who have asked themselves the same questions, felt the same feelings and doubted themselves in so many of the same ways you have doubted yourself. And it will you make you sisters. You know the experience of having a great cry and once you let it all out you feel like a fresh spring morning, and you get to move on with life in all its awesomeness? Yeah. That. Times one million. There will be laughter. There will be tears. There will be A LOT of balled up tissues…
- CONNECTION: The women who are drawn to these retreats are loving, curious, thoughtful women who want to continue learning and growing, and desire to have a deep, meaningful relationship with their mother or daughter. While every relationship is unique, the work we will do together will allow you to explore your own connection while expanding your perspective as you witness the dynamics between other mothers and daughters. This objectivity will give you a chance to see your relationship in a new way.
- HEALING THE SPLIT: The “mother/daughter split” is natural. It is the baby bird free-falling from the nest and finding its wings. But after daughters find their wings, there can be so much joy in circling back and reconnecting to the mothers who helped them become the women they are. And it is as important for mothers to see their children thrive and recognize that now it their own time for re-creation. To nurture and create – for their grandchildren, certainly, – but also to nurture and create for themselves. It is at this place of maturity and curiosity that adult mothers and daughters can come back together and support one another in a meaningful way. To grow in new directions.
- COACHING: This retreat shines a light on the past, present and future, and all the ups-and-downs along the way. Small group coaching provides support for those sticky areas that may need more gentleness, deep listening and extra healing; past hurts, misunderstandings, unfinished conversations, and dismantling the walls of tired, damaging narratives that have, over time, created distance and disconnect.
- NATURE: Reconnect with everyone’s mother, Mother Nature. Paddle on the lake, swing in the hammock, go for a walk with no particular destination. Wiggle your naked toes in the grass and let your Earth Mother infuse you with good vibes.
- NOURISHMENT: Fresh, delicious meals made for you throughout the weekend by a talented on-site chef. After our most recent retreat one of the women attending told us, “I wish I could eat like this every day.” Yup, snacks and healthy goodies galore. And wine. (Grapes are nurturing, true?)
What you’ll bring back to your regularly scheduled life:
- Deeper understanding of yourself, your mother/daughter and your relationship
- Joy + Connection
- Energy + Inspiration
- Mother/Daughter passion project
- New friends!
The Nitty Gritty
Thursday, May 2 (arrive 6:00pm)
Friday, May 3
Saturday, May 4
Sunday, May 5 (depart at 10:30am)
Luscious lake-front property on Lake Norman, 20 minutes north of Charlotte. Address will be provided upon registration.
7,000 square foot home
8 bedrooms for 8 mother/daughter pairs to share
READY FOR THE LUSCIOUS MOTHER WEEKEND?
Payment Plan Available Upon Request
Hot Praise from Cool Mamas
“The connections and support created in that space were priceless. I left feeling encouraged, loved, supported and empowered. I immediately took action on a project that had become stagnant and stuck around an important relationship. I feel differently about mothering, partnering, coaching.” – Lauren Sloop
“[Loved the] opportunity to discuss again many of the concepts I’ve learned in coaching, the realization that I want to figure out how to bring this into my everyday life and putting it out there so that I stick to it…Sarah is incredibly special and time spent with Sarah and the women in her life is guaranteed to be time well spent. I would ESPECIALLY recommend it to anyone not already in individual coaching with Sarah because I know that these ideas/concepts, lens/framework etc. have truly been life changing for me.” – Anna Tartak
“Thank you for giving us the opportunity to come together, share our stories and give us the chance to be the best versions of ourselves.” – Sara Jane Spivey Templeton
Q&A with Luscious Mother
Q: What if I don’t know anyone who’s going?
A: All the better! The exercises we’ll do over the weekend will have you feeling like you’ve made 50 new besties by Sunday. There will be lots of women flying solo.
Q. What should I wear?
Things that make you feel Luscious. Be comfortable, be fabulous, be/do you. I’m always one for layers because I get cold. There is a lovely outside patio and dock we can take advantage of, so consider indoor and outdoor temperatures when packing. Pack some walking shoes and yoga attire.
Q. Do I need to prepare beforehand?
Just bring yourself, a willingness to dig deep and an appetite for Lusciousness.
Q. Are cell phones allowed?
As mamas, we may need to check in on our lives-in-progress from time to time. That’s why we’ll have breaks in between sessions and at lunch so you can check in at home/work. Other than that, we encourage you to cut the cord and immerse yourself in the retreat without any distractions, which will help you get the most out of the experience.
Q. I work all week and I’m afraid to take more time away from my family. How do I know this will be worth it?
I get it. Any time you invest in yourself and are open to growth will innately be valuable. And if you’ve read this far, clearly there is something here for you! It may simply be giving yourself permission to take time for you and/or trusting yourself that you will create something awesome by attending and participating. If you feel stuck, let’s talk.
Q: What happens if I have to cancel at the last minute?
A: This is a non-refundable event. So triple-check your calendar before you purchase your tickets!
Q: How do I get my spouse or partner on board? How will this be valuable for the whole family?
A: First, you’ve gotta be in 150%. When Mama realizes that when she works on herself–everyone in her life wins. Her partner wins. Her employer wins. Her kids win. When Mama is happy, everything is better. When Mama has a full tank, life works for all parties. Sarah’s clients tell her over and over that spouses are happy as clams because Mama feels connected, alive and has tools to see things in a new way. Particularly around marriage, partners and family dynamics. Biggest win-win out there. Then share that win-win with your spouse or partner!
With this group coaching experience, you got two powerhouse coaches, who are also luscious mothers.
Sarah Olin, PCC, is a Life Coach for Moms, working with badass Wall Street moms to entrepreneurs to wives of professional athletes to moms who homeschool. Sarah brings play, humor and sass to the challenges of motherhood.
Sandy coaches people who find themselves in transition in their life: empty nesters; divorce; relationships; retirement; and those who just feel stuck. Sandy will support them in creating actions that are designed to give them access to new power and possibility – transforming their lives.
What are you waiting for, Mama?
Get in on this premium-mega-ultra-high-octane lovefest and register today!
Register for Early Bird pricing before March 15.
$3000/Pair after March 15
Payment Plan Available Upon Request
Still Not Sure? I Totally Get It.
My weekends and time with my family is extremely precious to me. You might need some support in looking at some fears, resistance and guilt around taking this time for you. And I totally have your back. Give me a call or drop me a message.
Let’s talk, Mama. I’m good like that.